How Can I Make Sure That My Kids Don’t Get Skin Allergies?
A skin allergy can happen anytime in children. It can be caused by anything including food, weather and other elements that can cause the skin to develop rash and irritation. We cannot sometimes avoid and predict when an allergy will attack but parent can do certain measures even before the child is born. It is also a good idea to do some research on your family’s medical history since allergies also run in the blood.
- Breastfeeding is the best way to prevent common allergies and health concerns of a kid. Mother’s milk is the best formula to strengthen a child’s immune system thus making him resistant to common diseases.
- If it is not possible to nurse your baby, ask the doctor for soy-free or lactose-free formula to minimize the possibilities of lactose allergy.
- A nursing mother must avoid foods which can cause allergies like eggs, fish and nuts as much as possible.
- Introduce baby to grain first before letting him try on solid foods. Offer solid foods until the baby is 6 months old and begin with cereals, rice and oatmeal. You can also offer baby easy to eat fruits like small slices of bananas and apples. Avoid citrus juices and fruits.
- You should always wait for 3-5 days before offering baby a new food to eat. This way you will know if he is allergic and can provide the right solution and food alternative.
- Never give baby whole cow’s milk and egg whites until he reaches about a year and a half.
It is important for a parent to check on labels before introducing it to the child. This way, you will avoid accidentally giving him a new kind of food which he might be allergic to.